Last thursday was held the event of Google Partners of Valencia, a meeting to present to the new team of support of Google with some of the most important certified agencies of the Valencian Community and there we were!
Among the other activities, there was a very interesting presentation with tips, tricks and novelties regarding mobile, remarketing, shopping and measurement in Google Adwords and analytics.
In Digital Menta we love to continue learning and improving, so we are already working on applying what we have learnt in our clients’ accounts, but we also want to reward our blog followers with this series of ‘exclusive’ tips that can serve to optimize their customers’ Adwords accounts. Don’t miss the best Adwords tricks!
Optimize your mobile campaigns and measure micro and multidevice conversions
- The traffic of mobile devices has had an exponential growth in the last years (from 2011 to today), being 2015 the year of Greater apogee. What does this mean in Adwords issues? Mobile drives new sales opportunities and conversions. 80% of Smartphone users perform product or service searches from mobile phones. And the most relevant data to consider: 41% of users take the first step of search and research on their mobiles and then end up becoming the computer.
- Surely you are already aware of the potential of the mobile and you are measuring their results. Then, how can you improve? Using extensions to have better CTR and relevance of user, measuring the relevant mobile micro-conversions to understand the total value generated by the mobile and not just taking into account the final conversions. Finally, the most obvious one that many companies still do not have at 100%, advise your customers to optimize their website and mobile experience in every way.
- However, how to measure if your mobile strategy is being successful? You should have a look at:
- The growth of traffic from mobile devices.
- The Multidevice conversions column in Google AdWords
- Universal Analytics User IDs
- Increasing conversions from mobile devices
- Increase search by brand name on all devices with analytics.
- The evolution in computer conversions since activate traffic or ajustáis the bidding for mobile devices
- The CPA and total conversion ratio
- Direct impact on the traffic in the establishment
- Increasing calls and downloading applications
- First New in Mobile device: Application ads are now available in Google Play search results. What are the different options to promote these applications?
- Search: Promote your application in Google and the Play Store
- AdMob: Promote your application in other applications.
- YouTube: Win more coverage by promoting the application on YouTube.
- Mobile Display/Gmail: Promote your application on other websites and in Gmail
➡ Take care! Now you can also use remarketing in applications to promote concrete actions in an already installed application
- Second new in Mobile device: call-only campaigns. There is a new type of campaign in Adwords that will only be shown on mobile devices and whose only call To Action is to receive a call. What are the benefits of these campaigns?
- Greater control in Call settings
- Easy and simple implementation
- Simple reports
- Guarantee that it will only be displayed on devices that can make calls
Remarketing is a very powerful resource for Adwords Campaings. Use it!
- How can we use the different types of remarketing to get more put of them?
- Standard remarketing: Use to promote branding, loyalty and cross-selling. Performance will depend on list coverage, segmentation criteria, and list duration.
- Dynamic remarketing: It is recommended for abandoned shopping carts, sales or product visitors. Use bids and automatic segmentation for better performance.
- Remarketing for Apps: It serves when we want to promote a concrete action in an app already installed, ie as cross-selling. For Android applications you must link the account to Google Play.
- Remarketing Search: When we want to display a different message or bid for users who have visited the website. You need a minimum of 1,000 cookies.
- Video remarketing: Very appropriate for brand campaigns. It is necessary to link the account in Youtube with that of Google Adwords.
➡ Dynamic remarketing increases the percentage of conversions and reduces CPA. In addition, it is now available for all types of sectors. This is a custom-made performance with smarter segmentation, real-time bidding, industry-tailored feeds, simplified tagging, and high-performance ads thanks to the recommended engine.
- New in Remarketing: Now you can use analytics to create RSLA lists that allow you to customize search campaigns for users who have visited your site and adapt bids and advertisements to those visitors when they perform Google searches. You can choose two bidding strategies:
- Only bidding — displays ads to all users and applies bid settings for users listed in Remarketing.
- Segmentation and Bidding: Only displays ads to users listed on your remarketing list
➡ Important! In order to start using RLSA, at least 1,000 cookies are required.
- Remarketing and RLSA with Google analytics. How to do it?
- If your customer uses Google analytics you can use remarketing without adding any additional tags on the website. What do you have to do? Access Analytics > Administrator > property settings > Enable remarketing.
- Create a remarketing list that suits your business/website. You can create more advanced lists: There are more than 250 variables to create lists. You can import segments as lists or use your CRM data. A very useful tool when you have no inspiration can be the Solutions Gallery where you have examples of remarketing lists that you can import.
Your Multidevice online showcase! Get the most out of Shopping opportunities
- Why to use Google Shopping? It serves as a multi-device online showcase, to owning the screen and differentiate your brand. Consumers can be exposed to your text and Shopping ads at the same time. What elements come into play to optimize Google Shopping?
- Customer Product Catalog
- Creating the data Feed
- Google Merchant Center
- Google Shopping campaigns
- Take note of these 5 tips for optimizing campaigns:
- Optimize your data feed
- Define a good strategy for your campaigns
- Optimize your Shopping campaigns in Adwords
- Define a bid strategy and an appropriate budget
- Make sure you do not have errors in the data feed: Use the Diagnostic tab to understand what errors are in the merchant and at what level (account, feed, product).
- There are no keywords, the feed is everything in Shopping. It points out to these best practices for the data feed:
- Add all mandatory attributes and recommended attributes.
- Keep feed information updated. It is recommended to update the feed daily.
- Send the feed through scheduled recoveries.
- Send feed through the Google spreadsheets.
- Automatic Product Updates.
- Titles and descriptions are used to match the search terms with the products so it is essential to create significant titles and descriptions.
- Includes relevant attributes in the description at the beginning: brand, size range, material, color, etc.
- Descriptions with a minimum of 500 characters (without repeating unnecessary keywords).
- The quality of the image is very important to determine the level of quality of the campaigns. We recommend high resolution and images of 800 × 800 pixels.
- Add custom tags to structure your products by high levels of conversion, seasonality, inventory, etc. and select the most appropriate bid strategy for each label.
- What could be an optimal structure for shopping? Here is an example with 3 types of campaign:
- Base campaign: Show all your inventory to interested buyers. Use this campaign as a test to optimize the other Shopping campaigns throughout the year.
- Top sales campaigns: Maximizes the return generated by your top sales products. It allows you to measure and control them more accurately.
- Seasonal campaigns: Separate your seasonal products from pre-scheduling campaigns.
4. Measurement and attribution
Measure results with Adwords and Analytics
- The subject of measurement and analysis is a bit complicated, the key question is: what to measure and by which platform measure it?
- Adwords and Analytics: Destination, most common conversion. Measures direct actions on the web site that end in a URL
- Adwords only: Calls, identifies how many calls from an ad or website result in a conversion
- Analytics only: Duration (useful when we want to measure the interaction of users with the website), page views (measure the number of pages or screens that a user sees), event, measures specific actions defined as events.
- New in measurement: Google is going to reduce the number of conversions. His idea is that there is a simpler structure with clearer names. This will be the new structure:
- Clicks with conversion: The number of clicks that result in a minimum conversion.
- Conversions: Conversions that come from conversion actions that have the optimization option enabled.
- Multidevice Conversions: Conversions that are generated on a device other than the initial click
- All conversions: sum of all conversions.
- Measures the total value of conversions: Some conversions are more valuable than others in price or data issues. Identify the total value generated by your campaigns by adding dynamic values. How to do it? Configures the e-commerce Google analytics tracking and imports transactions to Google Adwords. What do you win?
- Quality of information: It allows you to talk about ROI and not about CPA.
- Transparency: It avoids the erroneous estimation of the average or total value of the ticket thanks to the dynamic value of each conversion
- Smarter bids: Uses target ROAS’s strategy to maximize return on investment
- Google Adwords Attribution: The Google Adwords Attribution tool helps you determine the value of search ads along the entire path until you reach the final conversion. The last-click attribution model only takes into account the last keyword on the path to conversion by ignoring the contribution of all other keywords. It uses the assisted conversion report to identify those words that play a key role in assisting conversions indirectly. These words are usually not valued because of the last click attribution model.
Google Adwords tricks
Enough for today! Did you think it was interesting? We hope you have find these AdWords tricks helpful and now have thousands of new ideas to optimize and improve your AdWords accounts. If you had find the article useful, do not hesitate to share. Thank you!